Our newest vehicle is Rescue Squad 741. Entering service in 2011, Rescue Squad 741’s body was built in New Jersey by PL Custom/Rescue 1, one of the leading fire service vehicle suppliers in the United States. The truck body is mounted on a Spartan Gladiator LFD chassis powered by a 550 horsepower Cummins engine.
Rescue Squad 741 carries the most advanced extrication tool solution: The Amkus Ultimate hydraulic rescue system capable of powering six tools simultaneously. These high-speed spreading and cutting tools support rapid extrication of trapped patients in vehicular crash incidents. In addition to the rescue tools, the PTO powers a 30-kW hydraulic generator that delivers electricity needed for scene lighting, exhaust fans, and electric-powered tools.
This unit provides firefighting, crash response, and technical rescue equipment for up to eight firefighters.
- Chassis – Spartan Gladiator LFD 20″ raised roof
- Wheelbase – 232″
- Travel Height – 126″ (10′-6″)
- Travel Length – 458″ (38′-2″)
- Seating Capacity – 8-person, (7) SCBA seats
- Front Axle / Susp. – Spartan Independent Front Suspension
- Rear Axle / Susp. – Meritor RT-46-160 / Ridewell RAD-227 Air rated @ 48,000 lbs.
- Engine – Cummins ISX15 550 HP
- Transmission – Allison 4000 EVS, 6-speed automatic
- Body Material – Stainless Steel
- Generator – Harrison 30kW hydraulic
- Lighting – (2) FRC Focus 750W, 120V brow lights (2) Whelen Pioneer PCP2 12V LED lights recessed in upper sides of cab; (4) Whelen Pioneer PCP2 12V LED lights recessed in upper body sides; (8) FRC Optimum 750W, 120V quartz lights (2) FRC Focus 500W, 120V tripod quartz lights; Will-Burt 9,000W vertical light tower.
- Winches – (1) Ramsey 5,000 lb. portable winch, (1) Ramsey 12,000 lb. electric winch in the front bumper, (1) 20,000 lb hydraulic winch in the rear of the body
- Ladders – (1) 24′ 2-section, (1) 14′ roof, (1) 10′ folding, (1) Little Giant Folding, (1) Fresno section
- Additional – RollTek Rollover Occupant Protection System, Automatic Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Knorr 17″ front disc brakes, Weldon V-MUX multiplexed electrical system w/(2) Vista displays, Spartan Chassis severe-duty cab interior, David Clark 3800 Series vehicle intercom system, portable winch receivers in rear wheel wells and rear of body, backup camera w/visor monitor, multiple 120V and 220V receptacles, Amkus Ultimate System, (2) Hannay air reels, (2) Hannay electrical reels, (6) Amkus hydraulic reels, multiple shelves and trays, custom tool and equipment mounting by Rescue 1.