Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad
Paid Personnel Supervisor (1 Position)
Minimum Level: Fire/Rescue Captain
Full Performance Level: Fire/Rescue Battalion Chief
Application Process Key Requirements
1. Complete a Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad Employment Application as the summary/cover document. All fields and parts must be completed.
2. In addition to the Employment Application, you must submit a job and salary history for anypositions not listed on the employment application ensure that a complete employmenthistory for previous seven years is included for all employment and a life-time history ofvolunteer or paid relationships in a fire, rescue, emergency medical services and/or lawenforcement organizations are described. The following information is required for eachposition:
- Employer’s name
- Employer’s address, city, state, zip code and phone number
- Dates of employment
- Reason for separation
- Supervisor’s name and phone number
3. Applicants with active Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) IntegratedEmergency Command Structure Certification should clearly list their current and eligiblestatus. Applicants from outside MCFRS should identify completion of courses which willmake them eligible for IECS certification at the level of the position for which they areapplying. More information about the qualifications can be found at:http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/frs-ql/ofc/iecs/index.html
4. Paper or electronic are acceptable. Applications must be received by Monday, March 26, 2018 (revised date) in order to be considered:
- Electronic applications are acceptable and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All electronic applications will be acknowledged within 24 hours of receipt.
- If a confirmation email is not received, please contact Win Jenkins-Ford at 301-652- 0077 Monday - Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- All required information should be attached in .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- Paper applications and supporting material must be received by the deadline at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad, 5020 Battery Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814.
5. Applications will be reviewed and candidates successfully completing the initial screeningwill be scheduled for an in-person appointment to participate in a panel interview involvingquestions about operation doctrine, topical management issues as well as biographicalinformation.
6. Finalists may, if required, be scheduled for a follow-up interview either by telephone or inperson.
7. Candidates tentatively selected will be scheduled for a physical examination and a credentialreview to officially determine their IECS eligibility. These steps may be waived, ormodified, for individuals who are have active status on the Montgomery CountyFire/Rescue IECS list.
8. The Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad anticipates filling this position immediately upon the completion of the selection, physical and background process.