The Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad maintains an apparatus refresh program to ensure we remain up-to-date with high-quality vehicles. Rescue Squad 741B served as our front-line heavy rescue squad unit until the arrival of our latest acquisition. Our Bravo rescue squad is a 2002 Spartan Gladiator Rescue chassis supporting a Saulsbury Stainless Steel 21′ body.
The Bravo rescue squad hosts two electric generators, a 45 kW PTO generator and a 20 kW diesel backup. The electric system powers a comprehensive Amkus HRT extrication toolset including four pre-connected tools. For greater flexibility, extrication tools — including the jaws of life — are mounted on both sides of the rescue squad.
This unit provides firefighting, crash response, and technical rescue equipment for up to nine firefighters.
- 2002 Spartan Gladiator Rescue long four-door cab
- Saulsbury Stainless Steel 21′ body.
- 45 KW PTO generator
- 20 KW Koehler Diesel generator as a backup
- Wilbart Night Scan Light Tower with 4 2000 Watt FRC Focus Lights and 10 body mounted 750 Watt FRC Focus Lights
- 12,000# capacity Front Winch
- 30,000# capacity Rear Winch
- 3,000# capacity Side Winch useable from either side of the squad vehicle.
- Complete Amkus HRT package with (4) pre-connected tools.
- Paratech Rescue Strut system
- Vetter high pressure and low-pressure lift bags